Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Cream Cheese Wontons

I always look to Fridays and I always like to celebrate Fridays with my family. Last day of school, last day of work, last day for everything  for the week and two full days of holidays. This Friday I was planning on going to the mall with my family, do some shopping and have some chinese food. At the last minute, I thought to myself why not have the food at home and then watch a movie at home. I had also just finished watching 2 videos on how to make fried loh mien and cheese wontons. Great, we will have Panda Express at home! I made cream cheese wontons and fried noodles. The cream cheese wontons tasted so great and it such a simple recipe. I used regular cream cheese but the next time I do this, I will make it with low fat cream cheese, because I can't stop at one.















Ingredients

1 block of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp sugar
some chopped scallions and some chopped red chillies
some wonton wrapper
oil for deep frying

Directions

1. Mix cream cheese and sugar with a whisk or spatula until it is smooth.
2. Mix in the chopped scallions and red chillies
3. Wet the edges of a wonton wrapper and put about 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture in the middle. 
4. Fold the edges of the wonton wrappers and deep fry it on medium high heat.

Note:

Don't put too much cheese filling in the wonton wrapper otherwise the filling might ooze out while frying.

No comments:

Post a Comment