Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Simple Salmon Fried Rice

I saw this recipe from Nami of Just One cookbook one morning. This is such a simple and easy recipe with the ingredients just within reach but the taste is out of this wold. Simple but yet so tasty. I fixed the kids lunch in a jiffy. Thank you so much Nami, you recipe helped me a make a quick and delicious and also healthy lunch for my kids. I tweaked the recipe a little based on what I had in my refrigerator.


Ingredients 

some left over teriyaki Salmon, cut into medium sized cubes
2 cups day-old cooked rice (I used the Korean medium grain rice)
1 green onion, chopped
1 red chilly, sliced thinly
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoon vegetable oil.

Directions

1. In a hot pan, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Pour the beaten eggs into the hot oil and quickly scramble the eggs. Transfer the eggs to a bowl.
2. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the chopped green onions and red chilly.
3. Once the green onions and chilly are slightly wilted and aromatic, add in the teriyaki salmon and stir well.
4. Next add in the cold rice and scrambled eggs, salt, white pepper powder and soy sauce and mix well. Stir fry the rice until all the ingredients are well mixed.
5. Dish the fried rice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment