Saturday, May 30, 2015

Joan's Broccoli Madness

My husband and I once tried this salad at Costco and the both of us fell immediately in love with this salad. It was a broccoli salad with some roasted cashew nuts, bacon, broccoli of course, raisins and shallots. It tasted sweet and sour. Perfect balance I should say. I tried to google for the recipe and found out that this broccoli salad is served at Souplantation and Joan's broccoli madness salad that is sold at Costco is also from Souplantation. I think this is when my family started to became a regular at Souplantation. Back to my googling for the recipe, I found this recipe on the souplantation blog. They were so generous to share this recipe. I have tried this recipe out a couple of times and it turns out exactly like the one in Souplantation except that I omit the bacon and try to make it vegetarian.

Ingredients

Serves 6-8.
1 bunch uncooked broccoli*, cut into florets
½ cup crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
½ cup cashews
1/3 cup raisins
¼ cup chopped red onions

Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Directions

1. Mix the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a second bowl, beat dressing ingredients together gently until smooth.
3. Toss the salad with the dressing approximately 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld. Serve on chilled salad dishes.

*The broccoli is a loose guideline: often people have to make it a few times before they get it just the way they like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment