Sunday, June 21, 2015

Home Made Candied Lemon and Orange Peel


Candied Orange Peels














When my brother and his family were visiting us, my sis-in-law When my brother When my brother and and his family were visiting us, my sis-in-law mentioned that she just loved sugee fruit cake. I decided to make some sugee/semolina fruit cake for her but I did not have any fruit mixes and I couldn't find any at the store. So I googled up some recipes to see what proportions of dried fruits I should use. That part came easy but I also had to get some candied lemon and orange peel. Again I googled up some recipes and made my own candied lemon and orange peel for the cake. It is best to keep the candied peel for a few days before adding it to the cake.


Ingredients

100g of lemon peel, cut into small cubes
100g of orange peel, cut into small cubes
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp of lemon juice.

Directions

Boil sugar, water and lemon juice until sugar syrup is quite thick or reduced to 1/3. Add in the cubed orange and lemon peel and boil syrup for a further 2-3 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
Bottled Candied Peels

No comments:

Post a Comment