Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Moist Chocolate Cake





This is one of the moist chocolate cake recipes that I love and so does my family. The cake is extremely simple to make and simply delicious. I have made this cake quite a number of times. I took this recipe from Mamafami's blog (thanks Mamafami for sharing this recipe) and tweaked it a little to my liking.

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 cups castor sugar (Original recipe called for 2 cups but I used only one cup of sugar )
¾ cup cocoa powder (I used VanHouten Cocoa powder)
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk (1 used 1 tbsp of vinegar + 1 cup of low fat milk)
1 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup boiling water + 1 tablespoons nescafe granules
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease and line a 8" cake pan.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder together. Mix castor sugar into the sifted ingredients.This makes the dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla essence and  oil until it is well mixed. This makes the wet ingredients.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well(I just used a whisk) .
6. Dissolve coffee in boiling water and add it to cake mixture. Mix well.
7. Pour cake mixture into the greased cake pan and bake for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until done. (Since this is a slow bake cake, it took about 1 1/2 hours to bake in my oven).

8. Invert the cake onto a plate to cool.

9. Once cake has cooled completely, pour chocolate topping and decorate with chocolate rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment