Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Homemade Strawberry Jam



This is a super easy and delicious jam recipe. I got this recipe from Maangchi.com.  I was surprised to find my jam looking so vibrantly red unlike the store bought jams and it tasted really fresh too. I don't think I'm going back to store bought jams anymore.

Ingredients

1 lb fresh strawberries, washed, hulled (remove the green part) and chopped roughly

1/2 cup granulated sugar

Directions

1. Take a deep pot and add both the chopped strawberries and sugar.

2. Place the pot on the stove on medium low heat and stir the strawberries with the sugar.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat to low.
4. Continue stirring until the jam thickens around 20 minutes or so.
5. Remove the jam from the heat and leave it to cool.
6. Store the jam in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator.

This jam goes so well with the bread rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment